Magicard Ultima Duo ID Card Printer
Photo-quality over-the-edge retransfer printing.
Powered by a high-grade processing unit with an impressive array of features, Ultima is ideal for the localised or centralised issue of high-volumes of secure smart cards.
- An intuitive touch screen, with print preview and supplies indicators, provides an easy-to-use interface to Magicard’s most advanced and durable print engine.
- Ultima enables you to print up to 100 high definition full colour cards per hour. The quality of print means staff can quickly and easily identify the facial features on ID cards for comparison against the holder. This makes it the ideal solution for drivers’ licences, national ID cards and other cards where security is paramount.
- The Ultima retransfer printer comes with built-in visual security via the use of up to 10 secure HoloKote® watermarks. That means that if you choose to do so, you can distinguish different departments with a separate holographic design. For additional built-in security, Ultima exploits the wavelengths of the dye-film so it can fluoresce under UV lighting.
- High capacity consumables (1000 prints) and hoppers, combined with a range of encoding options to write secure electronic data to the card, make the Ultima ideal for high volume localised or centralised issuance of secure smart cards.
High-quality reverse transfer card printing
The key to the Magicard Ultima is the reverse transfer (also called retransfer) printing process. Unlike the standard dye sublimation process, your card design is first printed on a clear film and that film is then adhered to the card surface.
This process gives you a higher definition print quality and allows you to print successfully even on smart cards with uneven surfaces. It also gives you additional card durability and tamper-resistance so the cards will last longer.
Secure ID cards with Magicard HoloKote®
As with all Magicard printers, the Ultima comes with the built-in HoloKote® system and prints a secure watermark across the face of every card at no additional cost – the first reverse transfer printer to offer this.
New with the Ultima, you can now print a Secure HoloKote® – a fluorescent version of the HoloKote® watermark that will show up under black light, adding another layer of security to your cards. Choose from 10 standard patterns of Secure HoloKote® , printed using the specialised YMCKS secure colour ribbon.
- Dimensions: 13.14” L x 18.03” W x 16.96” H
- Weight: 36.9 lbs
- Cards per Hour (Color): Up to 100 cph
- Card Thickness: 20mil to 50mil
- Card Size: CR-80
- Input Hopper Capacity: 200 cards
- Output Hopper Capacity: 200 cards
- Printer/Printhead Warranty: 3 Year MagiCover Limited Warranty
- Print Resolution: 300 dpi
- Print Technology: Retransfer
- Connectivity: USB & Ethernet
- Magnetic Stripe Encoding: HiCo and LoCo ISO 7811, JIS2
- Smart Card Encoding: Contact chip, MIFARE®, DESFire® and iClass®
- Operating Systems: Win 10 / Win 8.1 / Win 7 (SP1), both 32 / 64 bit. Windows Server 2016 (64 bit) / 2012 (64 bit) / 2008 R2 (SP1) (64 bit) / 2003 R2 (SP2) (32 bit). macOS Mojave 10.14.6 onwards. Linux with CUPS support