Fargo 56306 DTC5500LMX Dual Sided/Dual Sided Laminator 2 Material Mag Stripe
The Fargo 56306 DTC5500LMX from HID Global® is an affordable, eco-friendly solution that provides high quality card production and wasteless lamination for an ultra-low cost-per-card. Built on 20 years of direct-to-card expertise, the DTC5500LMX combines feature-rich functionality with remarkable, proven reliability. Utilizing robust metal components, the unit’s durable yet stylish housing ensures continuous production in even the most demanding printing environments
DTC5500LMX Standard Features
This Fargo 56306 DTC5500LMX ID card printer can print and laminate on both sides of the card, connect via USB or Ethernet (networked), and comes standard with a complete three-year warranty. The DTC5500LMX’s revolutionary lamination station is both eco-friendly and cost efficient.
Green Circle Certified
The DTC5500LMX ID card printer is Green Circle Certified and can provide an energy savings of up to 66%
**Energy savings were calculated based on a 24 hour period and include printer startup. The analysis assumes three cards are printed every 30 minutes for an 8 hour period (standard work day) and the remainder of the time is spent in a baseline/sleep mode. The analysis assumes double-sided printing and double-sided laminating. Energy savings are calculated based on an assessment to a comparable product currently sold in the marketplace.
Direct to Card Printing Technology
This ID card printer utilizes “direct-to-card” printing technology, which diffuses ink (in the form of a ribbon) directly to a blank PVC or Composite card material. The technology is literally named to describe the one step process in which the print head heats up then comes in direct contact with the ribbon and blank card substrate Direct to card printers and their simple printing process improve efficiency, and are ideal for high volume printing requirements. Card printing that utilizes direct contact with a fixed printhead results in “edge to edge” printing, which leaves a small unprinted border around the perimeter of the card.
This ID card printer prints with a resolution of 300 dpi (dots per inch) or 11.8 dpm (dots per millimeter).
Dual Sided ID Card Printing
With a dual sided printing module, This ID card printer can automatically print on both sides of a PVC or Composite card.
Dual Sided Lamination
This ID card printer incudes a dual sided lamination module, which allows you to apply a variety of different laminates (clear, generic holographic, custom holographic, etc.) to both sides of the card.
Magnetic Stripe Encoding
This ID card printer includes a magnetic stripe encoding module. With an ISO magnetic stripe encoding module, you will be able to encode both high and low coercivity magnetic stripes embedded within a plastic or composite card. By configuring your printer and encoder, data can be stored across the three available magnetic stripe tracks; these magnetic stripe tracks can be used in a variety of third party systems. Systems that utilize magnetic stripe technology include: door access, payment, loyalty, etc.
This Fargo ID card printer features HID Global’s new patent pending iON™ technology, which allows the unit to reach optimal operating temperature in just 45 seconds. iON™ technology reduces wait time from a cold idle or startup while maintaining proper temperature throughout large batch printing.
Two Material Lamination Station
A two-material lamination module allows you to laminate each side of a card with two different materials. This method laminates one side of the card with the first laminate type, flips the card over, and laminates the back side of the card with a second laminate type. This is ideal for cards that contain a magnetic stripe or embedded contact smart chip.
Wasteless Laminate Material
Wasteless lamination technologies aim to reduce needless waste by eliminating the traditional need for carrier film and the carrier film’s subsequent take-up core. With wasteless lamination, overlaminate patches are attached to one another in a continuous stream of material on a single roll and without an underlying carrier. As each patch is detached from its supply roll and adhered to a card, the lamination cycle is complete. Once the supply roll has been depleted, the only thing left is the single empty core that once contained the overlaminate material. Because there is no carrier film, there is no used carrier film waste.
- Dye Sublimation / Resin Thermal Transfer
- 300 Dpi (11.9 dots/mm) continuous tone
- Up to 16.7 million / 256 shades per pixel
Print Ribbon and Laminate Options
- Wide array of Eco-friendly print ribbons from K to YMCKOKO. Laminate patch options form full card coverage and half panel polyester overlaminates to off-the-shelf and fully custom holographic overlaminates are all available from HID. Please call us at (877) 379-8844 for a full list of our most current offerings.
- 6 seconds per card (K*); 16 seconds per card (YMCKO*); 24 seconds per card (YMCKOK*)
Accepted Standard Card Sizes
- CR-80 (3.375" L x 2.125" W / 85.6 mm L x 54 mm W)
- CR-80 edge-to-edge (3.370" L x 2.125" W / 85.6 mm L x 54 mm W)
Accepted Card Thickness
- Print / lamination: .030" (30 mil) - .040" (40 mil) / .762 mm - 1.02 mm
Accepted Card Types
- PVC, PET or Composite with polished PVC finish; monochrome resin required for 100% polyester cards; optical memory cards with PVC finish; rewrite
Input Hopper Card Capacity
- Dual-input card hopper (200 cards)
Output Hopper Card Capacity
- Up to 100 cards (.030" / .762 mm)
- Card cleaning roller integrated into ribbon cartridge; cleaning roller is automatically replaced with each ribbon change
- 128 MB RAM
- Windows® 7, 8 and 10 (32 bit & 64 bit) / Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 MAC OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11 / Linux*** (Available Soon)
- USB 2.0 and Ethernet with internal print server
- 65° to 90° F / 18° to 32° C
- 20–80% non-condensing
- Printer + lam: 12.9" H x 34.9" W x 9.3" D / 327.7 mm H x 866.5 mm W x 236.2 mm D
- Printer + lam: 39 lbs / 17.7 kg
- Safety: UL 60950-2, CSA C22.2 (60950-07), and CE; EMC: FCC Class A, CE (EN 55022 Class A, EN 55024), CCC, BSMI, KCC
- 120-240Vac, 50-60Hz, 1.6 Amps max.
- 50 Hz / 60 Hz
- Printer – three years; Printhead – three years, unlimited pass with UltraCard®
Supported Access Control Credential Programming
- iCLASS® Std/SE/SR/Seos, MIFARE Classic™, MIFARE DESFire® EV1, HID Prox
- Single wire Ethernet and USB 2.0 interface for inline printing and encoding (note: single wire Ethernet encoding is only available for iCLASS®, MIFARE®, and contact smart card encoding); Wi-Fi® Module; locking card input/output hopper and ribbon drawer; smart card encoding modules (contact/contactless); magnetic stripe encoding module; printer cleaning kit; secure proprietary consumables system; andon production status light
- FARGO Workbench™ diagnostic utility with Color Assist™ spot-color matching
- User friendly, SmartScreen™ graphical display