Entrust Sigma DS3 Printer, Dual-Sided with Tactile Impression Module
Sigma: The Next Generation of Direct-to-Card Printing
The Entrust Sigma DS3 with TIM direct-to-card printer delivers instantly-issued ID cards with superior speeds & a unique security feature like color tactile printing. The secure architecture ensures data is safe with features like encryption technology, TPM Module, and Secure Boot. Features like inline magnetic stripe encoding and smart card encoding secure your cards while the intuitive printer dashboard enables printer management from a mobile phone. The DS3 with TIM achieves productivity, simplicity and security not seen before in ID card printing.
- Simple: From unboxing to issuing ID cards and mobile flashpasses to managing your printer, we made sure Sigma was the most user-friendly ID card issuance solution in the world
- Secure: Our industry-leading issuance security architecture will keep your cards and your customers? data safe and secure each step of the issuance process
- Smart: Forward-thinking technology and scalability allow you to expand your ID card program as your needs evolve
Tactile Impression and Its Benefits
The tactile impression feature is a unique, entry-level security feature used to increase the tamper resistance of a card as well as highlight and promote the customer brand. We offer several generic designs, as well as to ability to create unique custom-design. Entrust offers several different generic tactile designs that fit most market applications. These designs showcase a combination of portrait-oriented dies, landscape-oriented dies and dies that can fit either orientation. Each tactile impression design has a specified orientation ? portrait or landscape. Once the die is installed in the tactile impresser module, it cannot be rotated based on card orientation. However, a more symmetrical design can fit both landscape and portrait orientations. Entrust also offers the option to create a unique, custom design specific for your ID card program. This tactile impression can contain text, logos, and outlines of images that may vary in design and complexity. After the card is printed it goes through the tactile impression module, producing a three-dimensional raised impression in the foil color of your choice. This makes your cards extremely difficult to illegally duplicate. After you place your order, a J. O'Brien representative will contact you to get details about where you would like the impression on the card, it?s orientation, etc. If you order a custom die, you will also need to provide artwork. Your J. O'Brien representative will walk you through the entire process. If you have more questions before you place your order, call us at (877) 379-8844 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Features & Benefits
- Intuitive printer dashboard lets you see printer status, order supplies, check cleaning status, update firmware, or contact help all from your mobile device
- Seamless self-service lets you access how-to videos and other helpful resources by simply scanning QR code on the LCD display
- Variable LED light ring lets you incorporate brand colors or other customization into your ambient environment
- Pre-loaded ribbon cassettes make switching ribbons easy
- Optional Locks
- Secure boot protects system from malware or virus on boot-up
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) manages the printer's own TLS/SSL certificates and keys
- Connection and data sent between software and printer is encrypted
- Customer data is encrypted and is not stored in the printer after printing is complete
- Additional security features such as UV printing, holographic laminates, and luster printing.
Flexibility & Scalability for the Future
- Issuance capabilities include physical cards and digital mobile flashpass
- Choose on-premises or cloud-hosted deployment
- Expand your ID program as your needs change by adding multi-hopper, smart card capabilities, color tactile printing, and more
- Print anytime, anywhere with your mobile device (iOS, Android, Windows)
Do I Need Encoding?
If you are new to encoding, it may feel a bit overwhelming. Which option do I choose? Loosely-Coupled or Single-Wire? What brand? The list goes on. We're here to help. First, if you are replacing a current printer, look for that printer's model number. If you search this SKU on our website, that should reveal if there is currently an encoder in the unit and what encoder it is. Then it's as simple as selecting the same encoder on your next purchase. However, if you are starting from scratch, it is best to contact whoever is in charge of your access control system in order to get details on the card technology your business or campus is using. If you're still not sure, we are always a phone call or email away. Contact us at (877) 379-8844 or email email@example.com. One of our certified technical specialists will walk you through exactly what you need, free of charge.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 26.25" x 8.9" x 9.5"
- Weight:Single or Dual-Sided: 22 lbs
- Cards per Hour (Single Side Color): 250 cph
- Cards per Hour (Single Side Monochrome): 1100 cph
- Card Thickness: 0.01"-0.04" (.25-1.016mm)
- Card Size: CR-80 & CR-79
- Input Hopper Capacity: 125 cards
- Output Hopper Capacity: 25 cards
- Printer/Printhead Warranty: 36 months
- Print Resolution: 300 dpi
- Print Technology: Dye-Sublimation/Resin Thermal Transfer
- Connectivity: USB, Ethernet, & Wi-Fi (with Kit)
- Operating Systems: Windows 10 (32/64 bit), 8.1 (32/64 bit), Windows Server 2016 - 64-bit