Fargo 51411 DTC1500 Dual Sided with Single Sided Laminator Magnetic Stripe (USB/Ethernet)
The Fargo 51411 DTC1500 is built on 20 years of proven direct-to-card printing expertise. The HID® FARGO® DTC1500 card printer/encoder offers convenience and a lower cost of high-capacity consumables along with a comprehensive feature set. This enables organizations to routinely issue highly secure cards and IDs at a fraction of the cost without sacrificing quality. Designed for government ID projects, universities and colleges, K-12 schools, healthcare facilities, and small-to-medium businesses, the DTC1500 boasts of distinctive security features ideal for these organizations.
DTC1500 Standard Features
This Fargo 51411 DTC1500 direct to card printer can print on one (base model) or two (with RFID upgrade card) sides of the card, connect via USB or ethernet, and comes standard with a complete three-year warranty.
Direct to Card Printing Technology
This ID card printer utilizes “direct-to-card” printing technology, which diffuses ink (in the form of a ribbon) directly to a blank PVC or Composite card material. The technology is literally named to describe the one step process in which the print head heats up then comes in direct contact with the ribbon and blank card substrate Direct to card printers and their simple printing process improve efficiency, and are ideal for high volume printing requirements. Card printing that utilizes direct contact with a fixed printhead results in “edge to edge” printing, which leaves a small unprinted border around the perimeter of the card.
This ID card printer prints with a resolution of 300 dpi (dots per inch) or 11.8 dpm (dots per millimeter).
Dual Sided ID Card Printing
With a dual sided printing module, This ID card printer can automatically print on both sides of a PVC or Composite card.
Single Sided Lamination
This ID card printer incudes a single sided lamination module, which allows you to apply a variety of different laminates (clear, generic holographic, custom holographic, etc.) to only one side of the card.
Magnetic Stripe Encoding
This ID card printer includes a magnetic stripe encoding module. With an ISO magnetic stripe encoding module, you will be able to encode both high and low coercivity magnetic stripes embedded within a plastic or composite card. By configuring your printer and encoder, data can be stored across the three available magnetic stripe tracks; these magnetic stripe tracks can be used in a variety of third party systems. Systems that utilize magnetic stripe technology include: door access, payment, loyalty, etc.
Custom Watermark Overlay
This Fargo ID Card Printer can apply a customized, transparent security image such as a logo, symbol, or text – to be integrated as a permanent watermark within the printed card’s overlay panel. This makes duplication virtually impossible. The Fargo DTC1500 custom watermark provides organizations with a cost-efficient way to significantly increase card security and thwart would-be-counterfeiters without additional investment in holographic overlaminates or foil cards.
This Fargo ID Card Printer includes a Resin Scramble feature, which allows a user to “erase” their resin printed data from the used ribbon. This feature is turned on via a setting within the printer driver which obfuscates text by printing the K panel several times, shifting the panel slightly each time. This added security feature ensures that personal information is not left on the spent ribbon when disposed of.
- Dye-Sublimation / Resin Thermal Transfer
- 300 dpi (11.8 dots/mm) continuous tone
- Up to 16.7 million / 256 shades per pixel
Print Ribbon and Laminate Options
- ƒ Full-color with resin black and overlay panel, YMCKO*, 500 prints
- Full-color with two resin black panels and overlay panel, YMCKOK*, 500 prints
- Full-color with two resin black panels, YMCKK*, 500 prints
- Full-color half-panel with resin black and overlay panel, YMCKO*, 850 prints
- Full-color half-panel with two resin black panels and overlay panel, YMCKOK*, 650 prints
- Full-color half-panel with two resin black panels and overlay panels, YMCKOKO*, 500 prints
- Resin black, K*, 3000 prints
- 6 seconds per card (K*)
- 16 seconds per card (YMCKO*)
- 24 seconds per card (YMCKOK*)
Accepted Standard Card Sizes
- CR-80 (3.375”L x 2.125”W / 85.6mmL x 54mmW)
- CR-79 (3.313" L x 2.063" W / 84.1 mm L x 52.4 mm W)
- CR-80 edge-to-edge (3.36?L x 2.11?W / 85.3 mm L x 53.7 mm W); CR-79 (3.3" L x 2.04" W / 83.8 mm L x 51.8 mm W)
Accepted Card Thickness
- .009” (9 mil) to .040” (40 mil) / .229 mm to 1.016 mm
Accepted Card Types
- PVC or polyester cards with polished PVC finish; monochrome resin required for 100% polyester cards; optical memory cards with PVC finish; rewrite
Input Hopper Card Capacity
- 100 cards (.030” / .762mm)
Output Hopper Card Capacity
- Up to 100 cards (.030” / .762mm)
- Replaceable cleaning roller (included with each print ribbon)
- 32 MB RAM
- Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / Server 2012 / Server 2008 / Server 2003
- Supported smart card and magnetic stripe technologies: 125 kHz (HID Prox) reader; 13.56 MHz (iCLASS® Standard / SE / SR / Seos®, MIFARE Classic®, MIFARE Plus®, MIFARE DESFire®, MIFARE DESFire® EV1, ISO 14443 A/B, ISO 15693) read/write encoder; contact smart card encoder reads from and writes to all ISO7816 1/2/3/4 memory and microprocessor smart cards (T=0, T=1) as well as synchronous cards; ISO magnetic stripe encoding, dual high- and low-coercivity, tracks 1, 2 and 3.
- USB 2.0 and Ethernet with internal print server
- 65° to 80° F / 18° to 27° C
- 20–80% non-condensing
- DTC1500: 9.8" H x 18.7" W x 9.2" D / 249 mm H x 475 mm W x 234 mm D
- DTC1500 + Lam Module: 18.9" H x 18.7" W x 9.2" D / 480 mm H x 475 mm W x 234 mm D
- DTC1500: 11 lbs. / 5 kg
- DTC1500 + Lam Module: 20 lbs. / 9.1 kg
- UL, CE, FCC
- 100-240Vac, 50-60Hz, 1.6 Amps max
- 50 Hz / 60 Hz
- Printer – Three years including one year of free printer loaner support (U.S. only); optional Extended Warranty Program (U.S. only)
- Printhead – Lifetime; unlimited pass with UltraCard
FARGO Secure Materials
- FARGO Card Printer/Encoders require highly specialized media to function properly. To maximize printed card quality and durability, printhead life and printer/encoder reliability, use only HID Secure Materials.
- HID warranties are void, where not prohibited by law, when non-HID Secure Materials are used.
- Swift ID™ embedded badging application, FARGO Workbench™ diagnostic utility with Color Assist™ spot-color matching
- Color changing status buttons